IDENTITY & CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER & THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Discover Saudi are part of the Seera Group and are a new Destination Management Company, connecting tour operators and travel agents to all the Kingdom’s most inspiring experiences. Discover Saudi is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy whilst remaining compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). In order for us to drive compliance, we have a Personal Information Management System which is compliant with BS 10012:2017 Data Protection.
Discover Saudi are the Data Controller and have an appointed Data Protection Officer whom can be contacted using the details in the ‘Contact’ section.
PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
In order for Discover Saudi to fulfil its contractual and customer obligations, there is a requirement to collect specific personally identifiable information relating to our customers. There are a couple of legal bases for the processing of such personally identifiable information; primarily personal information is processed for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. Where processing is not specifically required for the purpose of the contract, we may legally process the information you provide to us because we have a legitimate interest in doing so, e.g. direct marketing or on a lawful basis, e.g. for government requirements
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS OF DISCOVER SAUDI OR THIRD PARTY
Discover Saudi have a legitimate interest in further processing the information which is provided by customers at the point of sale for marketing purposes.
We may also use your information for other specific legitimate purposes such as:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have either explicitly consented to or we believe you have a legitimate interest in.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not sell, rent or lease customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to help us perform affiliate marketing, statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or telephone) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on one of our website (www.discoversaudi.sa), such as;
- Your Name – Without this, we won’t know who to contact in response to you registering an interest in our services. We will also require this in order to fulfil a booking.
- Company Name – Without this we won’t be able to respond to your enquiry fully as we need to understand the nature of the business which is contacting us. We will also require this in order to fulfil a booking.
- Date of Birth – In order to fulfil a booking enquiry, we need to know your date of birth.
- Email address – We send confirmations and correspondence to this address. We will require this in order to fulfil a booking.
- Notes – This is a free field for you to enter your enquiry within and enable us to understand what you are looking for.
- Telephone Number – In the event that you wish to make a booking we will require this as a means to communicate with you.
- Agent Contact Name – Without this, we won’t know which particular agent handled the booking query.
- Number of Adults – In order to fulfil a booking enquiry, we need to know how many people are intended to travel.
- Number of Children Under 12 – In order to fulfil a booking enquiry, we need to know how many people are intended to travel.
- Country of Departure – In order to fulfil your booking enquiry, we need to know which country you are departing from.
- Passport Nationality – In order to fulfil your booking enquiry, we need to know which nationality you are.
- Date of Arrival – In order to fulfil your booking enquiry, we need to know what date you would like to arrive.
- Date of Departure – In order to fulfil your booking enquiry, we need to know what date you would like to depart.
- Arrival Airport – In order to fulfil your booking enquiry, we need to know what airport you would like to travel to.
- Room Type Required – In order to fulfil your booking enquiry, we need to know the type of room the customer would require for the duration of their stay.
- Hotel Standard Required – This will enable us to ensure that the booking enquiry suits your needs.
- Transport Type – This will enable us to ensure that the booking enquiry suits your needs.
- Destinations & Required Days – This will enable us to ensure that the booking enquiry suits your needs.
- Dietary Requests – This will enable us to ensure that any specific dietary requirements are taken into consideration.
- Mobility Considerations – This will enable us to ensure that any specific mobility requirements are taken into consideration.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
RECIPIENTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA
Discover Saudi is required to transfer the personal information provided by its customers to third parties in order to fulfil contractual obligations. The following are categories of recipients that customer information could be transferred to:
- Data Centres
- External IT Providers
- Payment Providers
- Travel Providers
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment hyperlinks are typically encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (Seera Group), which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will not disclose your information to any of the relevant third parties listed above for marketing purposes.
DETAILS OF TRANSFERS TO THIRD COUNTRIES & SAFEGUARDS
Discover Saudi is located in the KSA and consequently uses processors who are also located in third countries. In order to ensure that safeguards are in place, Data Processing Agreements have been drawn up with all processors to ensure that data protection is maintained.
Discover Saudi retain all customer information for 5 years after they last interacted with us. Where there has been a period of 5 years and there has been no interaction between the organisation and the customer, their information is erased and securely disposed of.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
You have the right to make a Subject Access Request to Discover Saudi’s Data Protection Officer in the event that you wish to determine what information we hold on you. We welcome these requests and aim to complete all requests within 1 month of verifying the request.
You have the right to request your data to be erased. This can be done by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section.
Please bear in mind this is not an absolute right and there maybe instances where we cannot completely erase your data (e.g. When the personal data is required for the exercise of legal claims), if an exception does come up this will be discussed with you when you make the request.
You have the right to rectification. If you notice that any of your details are incorrect, please contact the customer service team who will be more than happy to rectify this. We will also send transactional reminders to request that you notify us of any changes to your personal data so that we can keep your data up to date.
You have the right to portability. This is where you would like to transfer your data to another organisation. To request this, please contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section. We will provide this within a structured CSV file for you to provide to a third party.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your local Supervisory Authority (Information Commissioners Office), should you feel that we have not handled your information in line with legislative and regulatory requirements.
You can get an explanation of our safeguards by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING, INCLUDING PROFILING & INFORMATION ABOUT HOW DECISIONS ARE MADE, THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE CONSEQUENCES
We do not use automated decision making or profiling.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, geographic location (if you allow it when prompted by your browser), operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
In the event that you wish to you alter your Privacy settings or opt-out, you are able to do this by emailing our Data Protection Officer using the details in the ‘Contact’ section. Our Data Protection Officer shall provide you with contact details of our third parties upon request if required. Alternatively, you can hit the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing emails which will auto-generate an email you can send to us.